BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Marriage.

Such a loaded word.

Nothing prepares you for how much your limits will be pushed and how your heart will be tested.


But the reward... ah the fullness of your heart when things are smooth and happy. The happiness that overruns to the point you wake up smiling just because you are with the one you love more than anything on the planet.

I rarely share details of my married life on here (or anywhere on the interweb, actually) because it is so easy to paint an inaccurate picture good or bad and words can't be taken back. I have a wonderful husband who is truly my equal in all things and compliments me well. We fight. We argue. We cry. But most importantly, we love and it has always brought us through even the most harrowing of conflict. Even on the brink, our love for each other has pulled us back many times and when the dust settles, I am so incredibly grateful to have someone so passionate about me that no odds so bad that he doesn't at least try.

The Beatles were wrong, you need more than love to make a marriage work, but love will go a damn long way to making you succeed.

2 comments:

Beautiful Mess said...

So true! My marriage is strong, but that's not to say we haven't had our "moments". Even in those moments, I know deep down that I love this man. That's a precious thing to have.
*HUGS*

Anonymous said...

Lovely! Very well said, and so very true.