BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

It's fine, really.

I only had to step over around and on you while juggling hot pans, sharp knives and various diced food ingredients. It's fine, really.

You decided that dinner was not good enough for you and threw the entire bowl on the couch cushions while I was in the bathroom peeing. It's fine, really.

You then threw several EPIC tantrums when I refused to give you candy, potato chips and "nuh nuhs" It's fine, really.

I've been mistaken by you as a jungle gym, target to be run into at full speed, safety net, chair and punching bag to the point that you putting your hand on my leg has me cringing. Mommy is touched out, but it's fine, really.

Donnie will be home in an hour. I can do this. Then I am having a few shots and a chocolate bar.

9 comments:

Lauren said...

I hope your shots helped! Days like that get pretty trying sometimes. Thank goodness for Daddy coming home! Hope tomorrow is better for you

JoEllen said...

((hugs)) ah, the joys of toddlerhood.

Colleen said...

LOL... Sorry you're having a rough time. I wish mine would pay me half that much attenction she likes daddy more. :(

Kate said...

isn't being mom awesome? :) thank god they're so damn cute, right?
hang in there... this too shall pass...

Nikki said...

Nice to know I'm not the only one!! Heres to terrible 2s!

iiri said...

Huh. Sounds like my day.

~'hugs'~ good to see you're enjoying yourself.

Shannon said...

((Hugs))

I hate days like that. YOU CAN DO IT!!! Be strong mommy!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that you used the term 'touched out'! No matter how many times I explain that phrase to my husband, he still doesn't get it.

Here's hoping the chocolate and shots worked!

rocket.queen. said...

I only had one shot and it helped tremendously. LOL

Gotta love toddlers, right?

Donnie was actually the one who first said touched out in our house. It as after another day like this one when he came home and I handed him Q and locked myself inthe bathroom for an hour long shower because I just couldn't bear the thought of ANYONE touching me.