BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I'm so flattered!!

I have been honored by the lovely Lisa over at Our Janidlo Clan with this awesome blogger award! Go check out her awesome family including to crazy handsome twin boys who must share their mischief making secrets with my boy, Quinlon! Thank you so much!!


Rules:

1-Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
2-Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3-Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
4-Name 7 things about yourself that people may not know.
5-Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.
6-Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7-Leave a comment on each

So, yeah... 7 things about me people may not know.

1. In third grade I was the star of the school play, "Snow White and the Seven Dwarves". Not a stretch seeing as how I have dark hair, fair skin and pink lips naturally and I was good at acting. The problem was another girl in my class wanted to be SNow White so bad that when she found out she didn't get the part she sobbed in class. Being the sensitive child I was, I was ready to just give her the part until my mom told me that it's not my fault that she was upset and I should be happy for myself.

2. I have huge texture issues. There are several foods that trigger them the most. Mushrooms are a big one as are raw tomatoes. I can only eat a tiny bit of jello before I start to gag uncontrollably and yogurt could be hard too. I also cannot under any terms scoop the dish drainer gunk out of the basket with my bare hands without dry heaving so bad that it results in actual vomiting at least 1/2 the time.

3. I cannot go to sleep unless I have lip balm on.

4. I am terrified of shots. I rarely get them but last time was when I was vomitting uncontrollably with it coming out the other end just as constantly and they gave me a shot of something to curb the nausea and vomitting. When they told me I needed the shots I sobbed like a baby and Donnie was like WTF it's just a needle. I nearly passed out from hyperventilating. Cute, right?

5. I have an unhealthy love for fresh pineapple. Sorry, just drooled a little.

6. I hate driving cars with automatic transmissions. HATE it.

7. I can do the wave with my tongue.

And now, the moment you have all been waiting for. I hearby nominate:
Queen Bee
Sarah R
Nicole
jenn
Hollie
Beautiful Mess
Christina

Now, off to let them know how awesome they are!

9 comments:

Summer Athena said...

and this is why i love you more than ever. you crack me up. too funny. drool.

Tabatha said...

I have a MAJOR texture issue too! I don't know anyone else who freaks out about textures the way I do. I too hate sink gunk...it sits there until my husband cleans it out!

Lisa said...

You're welcome! I was so interested in seeing what you would post and I was not at all disappointed! You're 7 things were so interesting! By the way, Quinlon is so gorgeous...

mandy_moo said...

I don't hate needles quite as passionately as you do, but I definitely hate them. I can actually trace my fear back to my first miscarriage, and it was so bad that when I was having my second m/c I actually had a panic attack at the idea of going to the ER, even though I knew I needed to go.

Also, I am not a fan of driving automatic. it just sucks.

JoEllen said...

cool, thanks! :) this is fun!

FWIW, i can only do yogurt in small amounts and if it's the custard-y texture, *blech* forget it!

The Snow White story was sweet.

jenn said...

Aw! Thanks- I am flattered!

I totally hear you on #2- I will go into it more on mine, but tomatoes-yuck for texture! LOVE tomato sauce- but a fresh tomato is just gross to me! (and the drain thing- I read your description & it totally brought me there because I do the same thing. ick)

rocket.queen. said...

The best part of China is the fruit. Fresh pineapple during the winter. I eat an entire one day!

Tabatha, I make Donnie do it too. He is actually the designated dish washer but on the occassion I have to, that crap sits there and waits for him.

Thank you Lisa!! I can barely manage him most days I have NO clue how you do it with 2. You are my newest hero.

Joellen I used to eat a lot of yogurt but I had to do it with granola in it or get the little kid size containers LOL

jenn that is exactly it. I love tomato sauce and ketchup and soups but raw *shudder*

Morgan Owens said...

I can't go to bed without lip balm on either! Seriously! My lips start feeling so dry and it keeps me awake..weird I know! :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I hear you on the texture issue . . . yogurt is my downfall as well.