BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, November 2, 2008

The sleep saga continued...

The unthinkable happened. My baby boy has decided he no longer wants to co-sleep. *sob* The first sign was a bad night filled with wrestling with him, getting hit in the face and my hair pulled. He just wouldn't stay asleep.

We tried the Pack N Play and he slept better, but still restlessly. But, every night since then has gotten significantly better.

So, while I am mourning the loss of my cuddly mommy/Quinlon snuggle time, I am rather enjoying the last few nights with Donnie sleeping in the same bed. I forgot how much I loved snuggling my husband.

Next project is to cut back on the number of night feedings. Quinlon loves his boobs with a passion and still nurses 3-4x a night.

5 comments:

Nikki said...

Cannon was the same way when he was younger. He wouldn't cosleep for anything. Now he is ALL about it.

I'm sure he will be in and out of your bed as he gets into toddlerhood to make up for it. Especially once they start getting scared of the dark. :)

CanadianMama said...

That is why we don't co-sleep. I fid babies to be incredibly abusive in their sleep and I love snuggling my husband too much.

rocket.queen. said...

That's the funny thing. He was super "leave me alone" and would sleep in his own personal space until he started crawling. Then he realized that, when he woke up, he didn't HAVE to stay still and the hair pulling and attacking started. He still likes his own space. Now in the PNP he knows he can't go anywhere so he is back to sleeping in one spot all night.

Tabatha said...

I feel ya on the nursing thing Jessi. Tristan is about 7 1/2 months now and still wants to nurse a few times a night. It's the only thing that will calm him down when he wakes up and I just dont have the heart to not give him the one thing that makes everything better. Some day very soon he will not want to nurse or need to and I try to cherish every moment of it. I guess I keep hoping I wont have to break him of the night time feedings that he will do it on his own. No such luck yet though!
(tborek)

Olive said...

my son was the same way. after a few weeks he was so done with the whole arrangement. i shared your heartbreak! second round my daughter coslept until she was nearly 18 months. that made me really happy :)