BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

I used to have mixed feelings about this holiday being that I have a deep sense of pride in my Native American heritage. Seems macabre to celebrate a holiday that is so steeped in genocidal slaughter.

I reconciled it by making Thanksgiving about family. To me, it is a time to cherish good food, friends, and all loved ones and sit back and count what you have been blessed with. The history behind the holiday upsets me, so I decided to separate them in my mind. It works for me and makes this holiday enjoyable and meaningful in it's special way.

So, in the spirit of MY version of Thanksgiving, I am taking the time to count the blessing the Tao has brought me.

A loving, devoted, amazing husband who loves me even when I am unloveable and has been a key factor in the exponential personal growth I have achieved in our time together. Donnie is my rock, always there to comfort and strengthen me. I cannot imagine my life without him and find it hard to remember how things were before him.

A gorgeous, intelligent, HEALTHY, son who lights up my every day. I could watch his peaceful, innocent face for hours while he sleeps and my heart melts every time he smiles at me. We fought long and hard to be able to have the privelege of being parents and each passing day, I am more and more grateful for the miracle of life. Mother is the greatest title I have ever and will ever hold. I see the world in hie eyes and I never want the light to fade. He gives me hope and helps fill a hole in my heart that losing our first child left there.

Wonderful, caring, generous friends who have put themselves out there for me when I needed it. Without their support, we might not have made it through the dark days intact. The Tao has brought so many amazing people into my life and when I sit back and think on it, I am truly beyond blessed to be a part of their hearts.

I have my health, and my sanity, a place to sleep and food to eat. There is nothing more that I can want for.

May the Tao bless you as richly as it has blessed me. Happy Thanksgiving!!!



(I will answer the questions from the precious blog post tomorrow).

1 comments:

Sarah said...

Thanksgiving to me is about family too. The story of Thanksgiving is not one I am proud of so I turned the focus to family long ago.