BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, May 19, 2007

He laid emeralds in her eyes...

There are points in life when you are asked to look back on your life and and defend or bemoan choices you have made.

"Do you regret anything you've done in the past?"

A question such as that is far deeper than its simplistic nature implies.

Who are you going to incriminate for the mistakes you've made in your life?
Whom will you give credit for the blessings you've received?

My response is; Everything is building toward something.

A simplistic example is as follows.

You drink waaaaay too much, get sick, vomit uncontrollably, and then wake up the next day with a hangover so bad you wish you could just die.

Do you regret it?

or

Do you learn from it and use it as a valuable lesson?





Maybe it's a bit idealist of me, but I regret nothing. That is not to say, by any means that I have not made mistakes or choices that were less than ideal. I'm sure someone will decide they should point out my flaws because somehow they feel like I think I am perfect. I am far from perfect.
"If people were perfect, the would fly..." Indeed.

I am insanely happy with my life. I have a beautiful, intelligent, caring husband who loves and adores me unconditionally. I firmly believe that life is measured by the people you have in yours, and by that theory, I am filthy rich.

To all those who make my life so complete, I owe you my gratitude. I hope that I am as integral in your lives as you are in mine.

2 comments:

jenn said...

Jessi-
this is beautifully put. I just wanted you to know that you are definitely a part of my life now & will continue to be no matter what. I agree that the people and experiences in a life are what make you rich- not money or things.

I love you hon.

Monica Fayth said...

I love it! I totally believe in "no regrets." Any mistakes I've made in the past have made me who I am today. And I like who I am. I'm definitely not perfect, but then again, no one is!