BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Waiting...

I feel like we are always waiting, usually in a state of anxiety because things are barely holding together.

What would we do without the friends we have who have extended themselves above and beyond the normal bonds of friendship and helped us lately? The Tao is so good.

I always begin a post with the intent of being focused on the topic I've got on the tip of my fingers then always find myself chasing tangents like a dog chasing cars. I don't know what to do once I've caught it, so I just go chase another one instead.

Sometime recently, Quinlon cut a tooth without us really realizing it. Hooray for that, but it is looking like the current one he is working on is not going to be such smooth sailing. Oh well, it is what it is.

We've basically given up on resolving sleep issues for now. We've realized that sleeping in the same room is very likely just exascerbating the entire issue and that with a 26 hour plane ride in our very near future, attempting to establish a pattern now is futile and foolish.

Speaking of 26 hour plane ride, we have a date. Donnie reports to work for his teaching contract on March 1st. We are hoping to leave the US around the 18th and spend a week at Wudang Shan with Donnie's master before going to Tai Yuan where we will be likely spending the next 5-6 years of our lives. Just putting that into words makes my head spin with all the preparations still undone and the seemingly never-ending to do list that is hulking over my shoulder. The biggest of which, is saving money. Donnie is working 2 jobs and I am working 30ish hours a week at a restaurant and our goals are well within accomplishment range... It's just the waiting.

2 comments:

Christina said...

I hope you guys are able to save up plenty of money for your move. Sounds exciting and it's right around the corner!

Anonymous said...

WOW I can't believe that you're doing that. You're much braver than I. How exciting!!!!!! Good luck to you guys, you'll have to keep us posted with tales of your new lives.